Last Updated: March 1, 2016
The Policy applies to the website located at www.chartpattern.com (the “Website”). Please review this Policy carefully. By using the Website, you agree that you have read and understood the Policy and that you consent to its terms. If you do not agree with these practices, please do not use the Website or otherwise provide us with your personal information.
What Types of Information Do We Collect?
· Personal Information. Chartpattern may collect and retain your “personal information,” which means information that specifically identifies you, such as your name, email address, address, phone number and payment information.
· Non-Identifying Information. We may also collect “non-identifying information,” which refers to information that alone cannot directly identify you, such as your browser and device information, IP address, and information collected through cookies and other technologies.
How Do We Collect and Use Personal Information?
Chartpattern does not collect your personal information unless you register for a free trial membership, subscribe to our paid services, contact us for support, or otherwise voluntarily provide us with your personal information.
When you register for a free trial membership or subscribe to our paid services, we require that you provide your name, email address, address, phone number and payment information. Additionally, when you respond to our emails or contact our customer service, we may collect your name and email address to verify your identity and provide you with support.
We may also use your personal information for a number of purposes internally, including:
· To present the Website to you and other users;
· To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our Terms of Service or this Policy;
· To send information you requested or subscribed to, including The Zanger Report® newsletter, special offers, and information about our services;
· To assist you with inquiries, questions or requests, and to provide you with customer service;
· To fulfill our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements entered into between you and Chartpattern, such as our Terms of Service;
· To manage our everyday business needs, such as administration of our services, forum management, analytics, fraud prevention, or to comply with the law; or
· For any other purpose with your consent.
Do We Disclose Personal Information to Third Parties?
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may disclose personal information to third parties for the following limited non-commercial purposes:
· To service providers, vendors, or other third parties to help us process, store, and protect your personal information and otherwise help us administer our services effectively;
· For the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer and/or sale of all or part of our assets, including in connection with any dissolution, bankruptcy, or similar proceedings;
· If we reasonably believe it is necessary or appropriate under applicable law: (1) to comply with legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities; (2) to enforce our Terms of Service; and (3) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; or
· To your authorized representatives, with your consent.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
Chartpattern has implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard your personal information. We use GeoTrust® SSL certificates for all transactions in which you are asked to provide payment information, which provide up to 256 bit encryption and offer the highest level of encryption and security possible.
Please realize that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee that your personal information is under absolute security within the existing security technology.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends upon you. If you have chosen a password for access to our paid services or a free trial membership, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and should not share it with anyone. If you have reason to believe that your password is no longer secure, please contact us through the “Contacting Chartpattern” information provided below.
Can You Access Your Personal Information?
You may request access to your personal information by contacting us through the “Contacting Chartpattern” information provided below. We will also update or correct any inaccurate or incomplete information at your request.
While you may cancel your subscription to our paid services at any time in accordance with our Terms of Service, we may retain your personal information even after you have cancelled your subscription if retention is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce this Policy and our Terms of Service.
How Do We Collect and Use Non-Identifying Information?
We may also collect non-identifying information in a variety of ways, including:
· Your browser or device. We do not collect personal information from your computer when you browse the Website and request pages from our servers. However, certain information is automatically provided through your browser or device, such as your computer type, operating system name and version, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Website functions properly.
· Cookies. Cookies are small files stored directly on your computer or mobile device. Cookies allow us to collect information such as your browser type, time spent on the Website, and pages visited. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, and display information more effectively.
· Web beacons. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image that is placed on a website or in an email and notifies us if a webpage has been loaded or an email has been opened. We may use web beacons in conjunction with cookies to better understand how you use the Website and our services.
· Your IP address. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet service provider. We may automatically log your IP address in our server log files whenever you access the Website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. This information is used for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Website, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Website.
· From you. Information such as your location or preferred means of communication is collected when you voluntarily provide this information to us.
· By aggregating information. We may aggregate personal information in a way that does not personally identify you or any other user of the Website. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code.
Do We Disclose Non-Identifiable Information to Third Parties?
While we do not disclose your personal information to third parties except under the limited circumstances specified above, we may disclose non-identifiable information publicly or with third parties. For example, we may share non-identifiable information:
· For the same reasons we might share personal information;
· To better understand how you interact with our Website in order to optimize your experience and provide better services;
· To facilitate targeted content and ads, or to place our ads on third-party sites and analyze the effectiveness of those ads; or
· For any other lawful purpose.
Can You Limit The Information You Provide To Us?
We believe that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and your preferences. However, you can limit the information you provide as well as the communications you receive from us in the following ways:
· Commercial Emails. You may choose not to receive commercial emails by unchecking the opt-in box when you register for a free trial membership or subscribe to our paid services. You can also opt out of commercial emails at any time by contacting us through the “Contacting Chartpattern” information provided below.
We may modify this Policy at any time. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting an updated Policy on this page for your review or contacting you through the email address provided to us if you have a free trial membership or subscribe to our paid services. Amendments to the Policy are effective immediately when posted. Your continued use of the Website after the posting of amendments to the Policy indicates that you accept the changes to this Policy.
You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the date it was “Last Updated” above.
What Else Do You Need to Know?
· Chat Services and Community Forum. Our chat services (Swing/Momentum Traders and Futures/Day Traders rooms) and the Chartpattern community forum are available to free trial members and subscribers of our paid services. Our chat room Rules of Conduct specifically prohibit the disclosure of any personal information such as email address and telephone numbers, and violation of these Rules may result in termination of your access to the chat rooms and forum.
· Third-Party Hyperlinks and Websites. As a courtesy we provide links to third-party websites related to stocks, options, the general market, and finance. Third-party websites have separate privacy, security, and data collection practices, independent of us. Visitors should consult the privacy and security policies of any third-party websites, as we have no control over information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
· Children’s Privacy. Chartpattern does not intend that any portion of the Website will be accessed or used by children under the age of 13, and such use is prohibited. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us through the information provided under “Contacting Chartpattern” below.
· International Users. The Website is intended for United States residents only. Your personal information will be collected and stored in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States. If you reside in another country, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as protective as the laws in your country. You are solely responsible for compliance with foreign laws when you provide your personal information and use the Website from outside the United States.
· California Privacy Rights. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can request details about what personal information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, as well as the parties with whom such information has been shared during the preceding calendar year. We currently do not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
How Can You Contact Chartpattern?
Should you have any questions, please contact us by phone at 818-716-5575, by emailing us at email@example.com, or by postal mail at the following address: Chartpattern.com, Inc., 4872 Topanga Canyon Blvd., PMB #401, Woodland Hills, CA 91364.